Add the power of advanced electrical design to Revit
Now you can plan, analyze, optimize, and document electrical plans all in a single place, keeping diagrams in sync with the architectural model throughout the building process. From initial concept through schematic design to detailed design, this cohesive, connected solution better supports emerging industry demands of the new energy landscape.
All of your electrical planning. All in one place.
Make Revit a more intelligent tool by bridging critical gaps in your BIM-based workflows. Advanced Electrical Design is a robust, comprehensive solution that helps engineers and designers optimize design and project costs, reduce timelines, and ultimately win more business.
- Revit Integration
- Electrical analysis tools
- Critical alerts & warnings
- Conceptual & Detailed Diagramming
- Integrated Code Regulations
Import, link, sync, and map
- Import and convert a circuited Revit model into a fully functioning design model. Imported content becomes AED components linked upon creation.
- Link AED components to Revit Model elements to reconcile the electrical design model and the 3D model, enabling data synchronization between the two.
- Synchronize Revit’s instance of Electrical Settings with AED automatically to ensure key electrical definitions (voltages, distribution systems, demand factors, load classifications) are one-to-one.
- Map parameters and synchronize data to bind Revit and AED parameters, supporting data push from the AED extension to Revit elements.
Leverage data more effectively
- Calculate loads for equipment and devices easily, with load values available to view in the properties of any electrical element in AED.
- Analyze power scenarios by designating which equipment is energized in specific circumstances, such as emergency or standby.
- Check voltage drop information in any conductor’s properties, and set the permissible voltage drop to ensure NEC compliance.
- Generate detailed load letters using real-time information, giving you up-to-date, properly formatted documents for delivery to utility companies.
- View auto-generated cable data, ready to export for efficient creation of cable schedules.
- Size conductors accurately for each of your system’s circuits using the NEC ampacity table and applied derating factors related to the installation environment.
Stay informed and compliant
- Ensure your distribution system is properly circuited by viewing and resolving voltage discrepancy warnings, which notify you when certain electrical components cannot derive their rated voltage from the upstream equipment.
- Review compliance warnings when any conductor has surpassed their selected permissible voltage drop threshold, ensuring your system’s compliance with voltage drop requirements.
- Receive “Not Modeled” warnings when electrical components in AED are not tied to Revit model elements. These alerts allow you to easily understand where your electrical diagrams and 3D model remain unlinked.
Create within Key Line or Single Line workspaces
- Lay out power sources, equipment and loads of a project’s electrical system in the Key Line workspace, using a drag-and-drop diagram with high-level calculations. Part electrical diagram, part flow chart, the Key Line workspace is a more conceptual way to think about electrical design.
- Create pro-level Single Line diagrams automatically from any of our diagram types — no need to use multiple programs.
- Transfer data automatically across Key Line or Single Line diagram workspaces, giving you two types of diagrams and one perfectly synched electrical plan.
Save time and reduce errors
- Ensure accuracy with regional code-based calculations built into the Advanced Electrical Design extension.
- Expedite the work of confirming compliance based on location.
See what a difference an extension can make
Simplify electrical design, analysis, and equipment sizing with real-time calculations in a single BIM platform.
For individuals and companies
$2,700 / 1 year
Lock in your price for 3 years
$8,100 / 3 year
For larger organizations
Talk to our sales team to order 3 or more licenses
Hear directly from customers who are already experiencing the benefits of using Advanced Electrical Design for Autodesk Revit.
Charles Whiteley III
VP, Global Digital Leader, B+P
Charles sees opportunity for significant efficiency gains and a stronger position for staying competitive in the global market.
April appreciates how the Autodesk-Schneider Electric partnership has delivered the product she has wanted for years, saving her time and reducing repetitive tasks.
US West Director of BIM & Digital Technology, AECOM
Chris values how reliable workflow automations free up time to focus on design, sustainability, and delivering innovative solutions for clients.
Contact us for sales information or a product demo
Need additional product information or more details on purchasing Advanced Electrical Design for Autodesk Revit? Please fill out this form and let us know.
Looking for technical product or account support?
Sign-up for the Advanced Electrical Design for Autodesk Revit newsletter to get all the latest product news and information.